Monday 20 August 2007

Cheerio Plymouth. Bonjour Genève

Its the...


(Da-na nah nah. Da-na na na nah)

Packing it all in
So the final week in England is now upon us and we are really making the most of it. The crap weather has returned which may be a good thing as it is confining us to our flat so we can carry on packing and packing and packing.... We are not taking much but it is still hard work. I am impressing myself with my ability to fit as many odd shaped items as possible into a square box (bring back the Krypton Factor I say).

For a clean house OCD freak like me, the sight of rooms with cardboard everywhere, the endless ringing in my ears of box tape and the constant cloud of cardboard dust is really getting me down and I am felling a bit fragile. Geneva and ultimately a new life in the French alps seems a long long way away and our flat certainly doesn't feel like home anymore.

Talking of home here's some random final views our neighbourhood.



Cheesy balls
So what will we be getting up to in our last week here. Well tonight is my last game for my five-a-side footy team, Old Farts United. They have been on a winning streak without me lately however my appearance tonight is bound to consign them to defeat. Tomorrow we are having a raclette (mmmmm) with friends - that should get us in the Francophile spirit, but only after a day of trips to the tip and carting unwanted items off to Mums place.

Any old iron...
We will be moving out on Wednesday this week mainly because we are selling the telly and switching off the fridge freezer. Without these two lifelines to modern day existence there's no point staying here so its off to stay with Bob for a few days.
Thursday morning will see us wave goodbye to some old friendly furniture and appliances and clear out some more rubbish as the man in a van is coming around and on Friday the removers will be coming in. Arranging the removal has been a bit stressful so it will be nice to send everything on its way. Then I do not think we will come back other than to collect any post on Tuesday unless if by some miracle the sale of the flat goes through.

And some final words...
Then we can relax and enjoy our final few days here. We are
out on Saturday night for some drinks (7.30 The Mannamead) and then around some friends for a party with them and all our other close friends. I'm sure its going to be fun but also a tearful occasion. Then after a couple of days to relax we will be taking a train up to Bristol early on next Wednesday morning to start our one-way trip outta here to start our new life together.

I did want to put some more about Plymouth and the South West on the blog, however time has rather caught up with us. We hope you have enjoyed looking at our pictures and even reading my inane commentary and we hope soon to be back on line and to tell you all about our adventures in the land of clocks, chocolate and cheese.

See you all in Switzerland....

Al & Véro
XX

No comments: